Food & Beverage Plan
The below information is not for the 2017 ride, this will be updated as soon as we have confirmed information
We will update this page with detailed menu items as we finalize arrangements with the various caterers.
FOOD IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CYCLE ZYDECO! After all, Lafayette was voted the Best Food Town in The USA by RandMcNally & USA Today in 2011. Then in 2012 Southern Living Magazine selected Lafayette as the “Tastiest Town”. We have much to offer you during the ride and there will be plenty of opportunities for you to explore food options on your own. All of the SAG that are stage by Rhonda & Alice will have Zydeco Bars available for the riders.
BEVERAGES: In 2013 we added stops at Parish Brewing & Bayou Teche Brewery to the route. On Fridays there is always a party at Bayou Teche Brewery in Arnaudville. SAGs will include Kentwood water, Coca-Cola products including PowerAde. At the end of each day we provide products from Coca-Cola. Every morning we will have Coca-Cola products and Community Coffee ready for you. In 2016 we will have tickets available for you to get complimentary beer and wine at specific points during the ride.
- Breakfast & Lunch: You are on your own for breakfast and lunch, but check out the Cycle Zydeco Itinerary for some suggestions.
- At registration: Coffee, Coca-Cola and other beverages and appetizers available starting at 11:00am at Wyndam Garden Inn.
- Dinner: Cycle Zydeco will provide dinner at Acadiana Center for the Arts during the Kick Off Party starts at 5:00. The menu includes: @@
Thursday March @@
- Breakfast: Is on your own and we may include shuttle services to some local restaurants… More to come. If your are staying at Wyndam and booked your room through us when registering for Cycle Zydeco, then breakfast is included in your reservation.
- Lunch (on your own) in St. Martinville there are several options including:
Cafe Josephine and Anna’s Catering.
- Post Ride At the CZ staging site, Parc Pont Breaux/St. Bernard School, we will have an appetizer portion of boiled crawfish and sweets.
- Dinner: You are on your own for dinner and there are several places within walking distance in downtown Breaux Bridge. We will also have a few restaurants that we will provide shuttle service to and from (Pont Breaux’s Cajun Restaurant and Crazy ‘Bout Crawfish).
Friday April @@
- Breakfast: Breakfast is on your own for all riders. So check with you hotel and B&B (breakfast is included at Wyndam Garden Inn for those registered through CZ). There are several places in downtown Breaux Bridge that will be open to serve breakfast on Friday morning.
Community Coffee & Coca-Cola product available at the CZ staging site St. Bernard School and Parc Pont Breaux.
- Lunch: (You are on your own for lunch and several options in Arnaudville and the towns after.
Options in Arnaudville: Bayou Teche Brewing, The Little Big Cup. Russell’s, Myran’s, NuNu’s
Options in Sunset (10 miles from Arnaudville): Cafe Joephine, shop at the Funky Flea
Options the way to Port Barre: The Silver Slipper is 6 miles North of Arnaudville on Hwy 31.
- Dinner: Provided by CZ at the Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino prior to the start of the evening concert. EVD will be serving the following buffet style:
Saturday April @@
- Breakfast: Breakfast at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino. Several Opelousas are hotels do not provide breakfast so please feel free to eat here. If your hotel provides breakfast please plan to eat something there. EVD breakfast menu includes:
- Lunch: You are on your own, here are some options :
T’Boys slaughter house has some of the best boudin around and will be a SAG stop before you get to Mamou.
The Mamou Boosters Club will be selling jambalaya, cookies (double check menu items)
- Dinner: Starts at 4:00 and will be setup across the street from the Liberty Theater. After the Liberty Theater if you are still hungry there are a few option around downtown Eunice.
Sunday April @@
- Breakfast: If you are staying at a hotel that serves breakfast we suggest that you start there. We will have breakfast at Eunice Jr. High School in the cafeteria. Breakfast will include:
- Lunch: We will have a small setup which includes salad. However, we will have food and beverage tickets for you to sample food in the Scott Boudin Festival. If you would like to try some other places around Scott, LA on your own here are some options: Fezzo’s, Don’s Specialty Meats, Early’s.